Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Muslim Brothers ahead?

It seems as if the Muslim Brothers gained the majority of the votes after the first stage of the parliamentary elections. For sure, they manipulated the votes as much as they could – however not only they did so. The results will officially be published tomorrow.

It seems…, since only one third of the elections have taken place and during the next two months and the next two election stages a lot may be seen to happen. Some are cheering now – maybe too early? Others might struggle more – and will cheer at last?

A friend desperately exclaimed today: what should I do if I should suddenly veil myself? She calls herself “supposed to be Muslim” – and is in fact a very ordinary, secular and modern Egyptian female.

It’s exciting to wait and see what happens next. At least, I feel much more confident than a couple of weeks ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I very much appreciate your active participation. Freedom of opinion is guaranteed. However, I reserve myself the right to delete impertinent and insulting comments.